With the New Year just around the corner, there are 7 things you can do right now to wrap up this year with gratitude, order and a sense of well being. Check out my 7 Smart things to do before the end of the year!
- Replenish your wardrobe – Take advantage of the massive sales to stock up on wardrobe basics and add some fresh and stylish pieces to the mix. If you can, try to shop during the day on weekdays to avoid the holiday crowds!
- Make your year end tax deductible contributions – Now is the time to donate to your favorite charities. Whether a monetary or in-kind donation you’ll be supporting a cause you believe in and helping those less fortunate. You may also be eligible for a tax deduction! Speak to your accountant.
- Upgrade your technology – In today’s world, technology is not a luxury, it’s a necessity. If your technology is in need of an upgrade, take advantage of the holiday sales to do that now. Get your technology running smoothly so you can start the new year strong.
- Write a gratitude list – Reflect on what you’ve accomplished this year, take it in. Make a list of ll a the great stuff that happened in the past year. Savor it, enjoy it, bless it. Know that you have a good life.
- Set SMART goals – Get a jump start on your New Year’s resolutions. Write them down. Make sure they are SMART – specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, time bound. A classic example is “lose weight.” This is what it looks like when you are SMART about it:) “Lose 15 pounds by May 1st by incorporating a daily 3 mile walk, 4 times per week and cutting carbs in half.”
- Prepay your estimated quarterly taxes – If you pay quarterly taxes (and are not subject to the AMT) pay your fourth-quarter estimated state income taxes by December 31 so you can take the deduction on this year’s taxes. Check with your accountant for more tax saving tips!
- Declutter– take advantage of some holiday time off to declutter and get ready for a fresh start in the New Year. Can’t do it alone? Call me! (646-245-1248) We’ll help you get organized fast with customized systems that last!™ Give yourself the gift of order today!
Complete these 7 actions to wrap up the year with gratitude, order and a sense of well being.