When a prospective client is considering doing business with you, you can bet they will google you first.
How can you organize your on-line presence to give your business a competitive edge? The most important thing is to be visible and to be consistent. Below are some tips to help you create a powerful on-line presence.
- Craft a Great Bio – Use the same bio on your website, social media and professional affiliations. Keep things consistent.
- Use a Professional Photo – label your photos with your name so people can find you in Google Images.
- Leverage Social Media – Create a Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn account – Link your social media so your posts will automatically update on all three platforms. It will boost visibility.
- Blog Regularly and on Different Sites – Fresh content appears on the first page in a Google search. This will increase your visibility.
- Boost Your Website’s Perferomance – add video and fresh content on a regular basis. Tip: Are there things on the web about you or your business that you wish weren’t there? If you can’t get the info off the web, add fresh content via blogging and social media. Join professional organizations where your info will also be displayed on the web. The more content there is about you and your business, the lower those older posts will be. People rarely go past the first 2-3 pages on a Google search!