How to Organize Your Closet; 7 Simple Techniques
- Use matching hangers – it will give your closet a polished feel. For our last project we chose basic natural wood hangers from the Container Store.
- Use bins and baskets; keep things off the floor yet easily accessible. For our last project we re-purposed what the client already had and added some whimsy and color with the large Firenze open bin in green from the Container Store.
- Use a shoe rack to create a designated parking space for your shoes. We chose the white mesh stacking shoe shelf also from you guessed it, out favorite organizing store, the Container Store.
- Sort collectibles by type; Keep like items together
- Maximize verticle space – use tops of closets for seasonal and infrequently used items.
- Reclaim valuable closet real estate – use compartmentalized hanging storage for clothing such as sweaters and t-shirts rather than hanging them. We chose the Verde 6 compartment hanging sweater bag from the Container Store.
- Declutter regularly – by decluttering your closets on a regular basis you will . A good rule of thumb is to do it seasonally.
Do you implement these techniques? Do you have other techniques you want to share with our readers? Join the conversation. Leave a comment below and let us know.
Angela — thank you for your posts and your wonderful tips. I hope that you are doing as well as your blog suggests… it’s fabulous. Best wishes to you and for your continued success — Barbara
This sounds such an amazing way of organization the closets if your home in a very much diligent way without any clutter around. Real inspirational. NYC professional organizer