Use these 7 tips to create order NOW!
- Clear surfaces – Clear surfaces such as the kitchen table, chairs, the coffee table or your desk. Wipe them down and put only the things you need on them. Place a beautiful object such as a statue or bowl in the middle of the table as a reminder not to put stuff on it.
- Consolidate clutter – Consolidate all the clutter in your house in one place so it’s not everywhere. This puts a boundary around it and makes it more manageable. For example, stack papers in one pile rather than having them spread out everywhere.
- Wash the dishes – Dishes in the sink are a distraction. Take some time to wash them and scrub the sink clean.
- Make the bed – a rumpled bed = a rumpled day. Start the day right with a beautifully made bed.
- Organize your sock drawer – or any drawer for that matter. This focused type of work with a clear boundary around it will give you a sense of order and possibly inspire you to do more.
- Use the Zero Inbox Method – a clear inbox = a clear mind. Check out my step by step guide on how to get a zero inbox and give yourself this gift of order now.
- Give Your Closet a Makeover – Check out my closet makeover video for 7 great tips to get your closet in tip top shape.
What’s your favorite way to create order in your life? Leave a comment below and let us know.